Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion 45 Years Ago

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    SwampStalker

This month marks the 45th anniversary of the release of CCR’s self-titled debut album! Glad John’s still rockin’ out and giving us great tunes! I’m looking forward to seeing him in concert again this fall!
    What’s your favorite cut on the album? 99 1/2 has always been mine. Great growling vocals on that one!

Dan Smith

All the songs, if I had to pick one it would probably be Walk on Water.
    Dan

Gosh stalker – that’s a great fact that you bring up with the debut album of Creedence.
    (Fans call it the Blue Album.)

I love “I Put A Spell on You.” Also “Ninety-Nine and a Half” showcases John’s muscular vocals,
    and I have to say that I DO CARE ALOT about “Porterville.” Of course, Susie-Q was the song that
    propelled Creedence into the national spotlight and we all have to salute Susie-Q! “Walk on Water” also is a very strong and vivid song that I love.

I was playing the “Blue Album” against the new album, “Wrote a Song” in my car this week.
    The contrast was just amazing, but I love all of John’s compilations. Awesome music,
    aren’t we lucky to be living in this era, y’all????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.