Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Alpharetta Show

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Swamp Girl Swamp Girl 12 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SwampStalker

I just wanted to give a quick review of this past Friday’s show in Alpharetta, Georgia. I had an absolutely fantastic time!! I splurged on the VIP package as a present to myself, and I gotta tell you, it was a blast!! John put on a tremendous, high-energy show and heated up that 40° night! This was the sixth time I’ve seen John in concert and he never disapoints! He looked like he was having the time of his life up there onstage and kept the audience up on their feet! This was the first time I have been able to see John in concert in several years and being there in the front row, singing along and meeting so many other die-hard fans felt like a homecoming for
    me! The band sounded great and Shane has got a lot of talent, and you could see the pride in John’s eyes. The whole experience was just amazing and I cannot recommend it strongly enough to others that if you have a chance to catch one of John’s shows this fall, don’t miss it!!

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

A fan named Gene left John a wonderful message on facebook that I wanted to share with all of you as well. We love hearing stories like this and they keep us all inspired.

John,

We caught your show Friday night in Atlanta. The show was great and the cold weather didn’t slow any of you guys down.

Just wanted to tell you my favorite moment of the show. It was during Shane’s guitar solo. The look of absolute joy on your face as you watched your son was so incredibly moving to two fathers in the audience that night.

See, we attended your concert with another family and this was both our son’s first concert experience. Without saying a word to each other my friend looked over to me during that moment you were having on stage with Shane, knowing I was as touched as he was by your emotion… and how poignant it was we were sharing such a great moemnt with our sons in the audience. Our young men are both in their twenties and have Autism, so we celebrate simple moments in life much more than trophies or recitals or driving in the winning run. That moment was something we’ll talk about for years to come. It truly meant that much to us as proud fathers.

Thanks for the memory and a great night of music! Bought & love the new CD too!

Best wishes,

Gene

SwampStalker

Wow! That’s a wonderful story! I hope John knows how much happiness he brings to his fans :) We sure do appreciate all he does! This story just illustrates how he can touch people’s lives in ways he probably would never imagine. Thanks for everything, John!

thebayou

Shane’s guitar solo on what song?

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Old Man Down the Road

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.