Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion AN INTERESTING REVIEW re:WASFE from a YOUNGER GENERATION

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Johnniebgoode Johnniebgoode 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

WARNING – contains the eff word a few times so, if you’re offended easily by that, it might capture your focus over her heartfelt writing. Anyway, she made me LOL a few times and overall, it’s really a great review and she do love the Johnmeister! i can imagine John/Julie getting a few smiles from it, too.

http://thetalkhouse.com/reviews/view/erika-m.-anderson-john-fogerty

I like it,sorry but so true.We are so lucky to have him here with us today.Thank God for Julie.Hooch!

Very well researched and written article. Most of my sentiments about John’s history to a “T” It also touches on some of John’s sentiments, too! John has stated that he wanted to put out songs fairly regularly so Creendence Clearwater Revival was on the charts almost constantly. I think that’s why the music is in most people’s conciseness today. It was so beautifully produced and arranged by John that it sure does stand the test of time. I remember back in 1968 when “Proud Mary” hit the charts I was 20 years old and fell in love with a sound that I still cherish so much to this day. 1968 to 1972 were such heady days in music and John Fogerty was at the forefront of it for me, and for a lot of other people also.

It is refreshing that someone so young would take the time to investigate John Fogerty’s history in Creedence Clearwater Revival and hit it just about spot on. I say bravo!!!!!

PP

Ms Anderson sure can pack a good punch on the arm when she talks about music. She is a musician herself, and her handsomely wordsmithed essay on Creedence is an enjoyable read.
    She talks about listenin’ to, I Put A Spell on You as a teen when her Pops would play it while barbequing on the weekends and how it captivated her neurons.
    I loved the parts when she tried to explain the long-lasting impression John’s music held over us as a nation.

The tricky thing is that unless you lived during the late 1960’s, early 1970’s, you really have no idea on how rotten the world was. Creedence gave the world HOPE. Just as simply and plainly as hope can rise, like bread waiting to be kneaded and placed in the dish in the oven – the world needed the music of Creedence.

Anderson gets into the later discovery of the nitty-gritty of how people flat-out stole from this great composer, but in the end – good triumphs over evil. Thus, the release of, Wrote A Song for Everyone. The compositions are slicker with better tune compression (and other technical terms start to take over the essay) but Anderson writes with a certain flair for all things earthy, good and wholesome.

Creedence was good for the soul in the 1960’s and as good as they were then, they’re sounding even better (how is that possible?) these days. In either the original skins of Creedence, or in the slicked-up and captivating modern versions of those Creedence classics, having a listen to Fogerty’s songs will set you right up for the day and anything that comes along.

Have a good day and thank you, Guessy Gal for bringing this nice article along for sharing.

X O X O X O

hi all
    Great article…..

steve from England.

thanks y’all for the feedback. glad to share what i find and happy that y’all enjoyed it, too.

Loved it

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.