Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion campaign to get John to the United Kingdom

This topic contains 31 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of steve from england. steve from england. 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Southernboy

It’s a shame , such a major artist, and not even a decent forum to back him up.
    Somebody should be here 24 hours a day to answer all the questions.

hi southernboy
    I have to agree…..no feedback at all, is there any point to us fans posting any questions ?

steve from England,

By asking the same three questions over and over and over and over ever since this new forum commenced of – “Is John Fogerty coming to the UK?”, “Why don’t they release CCR’s 1970 Royal Albert Hall dvd?” and “Why don’t Creedence reunite because I never saw them play?”, becomes very, very irritating, so I can only imagine how the moderator feels!

hi
    Micheal….all we are asking for is an update as to john fogerty coming to the uk, I as a fan I feel I have a right to keep asking….I don’t find it irritating at all .this is the only place to ask these questions…as for the albert hall dvd/cd ….well as fans what is the reason this concert is not on the shelves….????somebody must know, answer the fans questions and we will stop asking…..quite simple really.

steve from England.

Southernboy

Michael, with all your respect. How the moderator feels is not important. They have to please the fans, not the other way around.

Tom H

Hi Michael, when someone asks me a question I have the manners to respond to them with an answer. This means that they don’t ask me the same question again. This may sound strange to you but most people call this a discussion. If someone sets up a discussion forum would it be too much to ask for someone to respond to its members questions. After all if it wasn’t for fans like us who go out and buy John Fogerty and Creedance Clearwater Revival recordings these people wouldn’t be making a living through music. So Michael and whoever set up this site sorry for annoying yous but a simple answer one way or the other would stop the repetitive questions. Happy Easter to all out there who can’t get an answer!

hi swampgirl
    With john fogerty in Norway in 12 days time I feel that there will be no more European or surprisingly uk dates….I now feel john fogerty will never return to the uk to perform. john fogerty does have a fan base over here and some dedicated life long fans…..2008 seems a long time ago when he did the royal albert hall .

steve from England.

THOMAS

John has done Canada and USA venue tours over the last few years and now announces another Canada venue tour.
    Europe has had festival tours in Europe this year and three years ago except for one venue gig at the Ziggo in Amsterdam which I went to, so my view is that Europe is off the agenda for bespoke tours except for the agenda this summer which I found strange, ie Europe for a few dates, back to the States and then back to Europe for a few more festival gigs before back to the States.
    Unfortunately I am of the view that Europe and more strongly the UK do not figure so maybe we will see you again and this is written by someone who has travelled extensively to see John but disappointed by his itinerary in recent years.
    USA and Canada are obviously strongholds of his popularity but I hope he does a bespoke European/UK bespoke venue tour in the next year.

regards to all
    tommy

Lets be happy with what we have
    Allthough keep the faith
    UK and Ireland deserves it

hi Arnold
    My john fogerty faith is being tested at the moment.

steve from England.

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Hi Steve from England and Southernboy and Tom H and arnold from belgium and all you other amazing super fans out there. It’s hard keeping our mouths shut while we’re trying to book tour dates cause we want to spill the beans as soon as they’re booked! But as you know, there is a reason to our rhyme and we don’t want to confirm yes or no until all is said and done. I can now tell you that the UK is not on John’s list of European shows currently booked. That being said, things can change at any time. John would love to come back to England and we love your campaign idea. I wish you could get the promoters over there to think the same way you do! Call your local promoters and tell them England needs John Fogerty back!

-Swamp Girl

hi swampgirl
    Thanks for your post…its nice to know that john fogerty wants to come to the uk and he knows he has great and loyal fans over the pond….how do you find out who the promoters are ?

steve from England.

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

It’s the companies who present the shows. “So and so presents….”

Here in the US the big ones are Live Nation and AEG. I know they’re both international but there are probably some smaller ones there as well.

denis eudes

Can’t this web site stop those adds???

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Got him! He won’t be able to post anymore.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.