Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Concert in Spain!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    gege

A living dream!Thanks for your amazing and regenerating concert in Spain. We are four French friends who drove from the southwest of France to that lovely place in Spain to see you live…what an adventure! We have been fans for more than 40 years (almost 50)…and that night we just had the feeling of a delightful flashback in our twenties! Like four teenagers on the road…

Gégé, Domi, Michel and Coco.

gege

Qui a cru que l’un de nous quatre était capable de rédiger ce texte ? et bien non, c’est Céline qui en est l’auteur et qui d’ailleurs, c’est loupée de peu de faire partie de l’aventure. Allez comme on est sympa, voici la traduction :
    Un rêve vivant! Merci pour cet incroyable concert en Espagne. Nous sommes quatre amis français tout droit venus du Sud-Ouest de la France afin de te voir en live dans ce si joli coin d’Espagne… Quelle aventure pour nous ! Nous sommes des fans depuis plus de 40 ans (presque 50 ans)… et ce soir là, nous avons tout simplement juste eu l’impression de revenir en arrière… à nos 20 ans. Merci pour cette cure de jouvence !

• This reply was modified 2 months, 4 weeks ago by Avatar of gege gege.
    Dan Smith

John Fogerty concerts are amazing. Song after song as many times we have heard them they never get old. We as fans are fortunate that John is still touring he is without a doubt one of Rock‘s best. Glad you enjoyed the show.
    Dan

Hi Dan, I agree with you.

KEEP ON ROCKIN

GEGE!!!
    I am so happy for you that you got to see JOHN FOGERTY and BAND in concert, and that you really LOVED hearing his music performed LIVE!!!!
    His music is amazing from those CREEDENCE days…we are all young again when the music is breathing into the night air!!! The drum beats are like the beating of our collective hearts!!!

I love all of Fogerty’s songs..any song that he TOUCHES becomes his own, sweet melody…he possess the music in such a way that nobody else can touch it.
    I know that John did NOT write Grapevine, but it IS HIS SONG!!! Through and through, John makes some good songs GREAT with his signature, Fogerty golden touch.

I LOVE Old Man Down the Road, RAMBLE TAMBLE, Proud Mary, Born on the Bayou, Bootleg, Keep on Chooglin, Have you Ever Seen the Rain, UP Around the Bend, Run Through the Jungle, I put a Spell on YOU, 99 and a half, Porterville, GREEN RIVER, Centerfield, Cottonfields, MOLINA!, Travelin BAND, Sweet Hitch hiker, Pagan BABY, Night Time is the Right Time, MIDNIGHT Special, and FEELIN’ BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUEEEE.
    I could go on and on and onnnnnnnn……

EVERY SONG that man ever touched, is something of pure LOVE!!!

I LOVE IT!!!
    Y’all have FUN out there!!! GO TO HIS SHOWS and LOVE LIFE!!!!

X O X O X O

Sary58

Gracias por pasar por Espana otra vez. Vuelve pronto porque los fans te adoran.
    Rock On !
    Sary

gege

Hey DaRiverBoatQueen! I’m also fond of all his songs! Where are you from?

GeGe,
    I’m here in So California, in the forgotten beach town of San Clemente.
    We love it that nobody wants to drive so far south so they leave our town alone.
    We have a beautiful beach and pier and nobody really bothers us and we love it that way.

I’ve loved the music of John Fogerty since his CCR days…I was 9 years old when his music hit the radio waves like a big monster erupting out of the bayou.

When I first heard Born on the Bayou, I did not know what a bayou was, but I knew that it was something from a remote region that had old growth trees with mosses and tall green grasses, and lots of murky, dark waters.
    When I first heard Proud Mary I thought that some tiny band resurrected an old Stephen Foster song and made it hip, but then I discovered a new-age rocker wrote it on his own.
    I was just so amazed and so was the entire world around me…John Fogerty authored that song, but not without Foster influence.

Back in the late 60′s, you had to be a force that was something stronger having some kind of dazzlement to break through the hits of the Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, the Doors and everyone else who were clamoring to break through and get heard on the radio.
    Creedence was the dark horse and their dark colors were the frontrunners for me and my kin. Creedence had real credibility.

I was living in a black ghetto at the time, and my family and I being white – I was outnumbered.
    I got to feel bigotry at its worst, let me tell you. I did my best to avoid confrontations, but sometimes a girl’s gotta punch faces to just walk down the road to school.
    My neighbors would blast GRAPEVINE at every house party they ever had…nobody really understood the voice behind Creedence was that of some white street punk named John Fogerty.
    (I didn’t know John or the other CCR boys were white for quite some time until I saw a picture of them in a book that my sister bought.)

We lived in a poor town that could not afford pictures of bands…I know that sounds stupid, but it’s true…no pictures made it to our record stores…we just had white paper covers on our 45s.

Those were racially volatile times and Creedence had a black sound that any band needed to reach the top of the charts…it was so amazing.
    I loved how their music soothed racial tensions and put everyone on equal footing.

That’s the power behind John’s music…he does things that he doesn’t realize he’s doing…that’s the legacy that he created for himself and his band.

X O

gege

Hey Dariverboatqueen! (What a pseudo!!!)
    Sorry for being so long to reply…holidays…anyway…thanks for sharing so much…your discovering of John is interesting…I was older when I heard him for the first time but It was on the radio too. Yesterday evening I watched a whole concert of him…dating back to 2009 at the Royal Albert Hall in London…again an amazing concert, full of energy and highly rock’n roll!
    You’re right when you’re talking of John in the 60s…it wasn’t obvious for the Credence to be recognized at the first rank…but they also had that thing that makes the difference and for me they were the best (after the Beatles…even if I also love bands as the Beatles of course).
    Yesterday I was thinking of Woodstock and the fact that within less than 5 years it will be the 50th anniversary!!! Do you think we can expect a “revival” for the occasion? Would be great…Dont you think???

Revival of Creedence, do you mean?
    I’m an eternal optimist, so you know I always believe in the positives in life.
    YES, I sincerely and with all my heart believe that it CAN HAPPEN!!!
    Oh those Creedence boys….they still have alot of LOVE in their hearts, and I know that
    they can get over it.

At this point, what do they have to lose?
    NOTHING.

What can they stand to gain?
    NOTHING ALSO. . . but it sure would be something FUN for them to do and it would
    be amazing for all of us die-hard, loyal fans…..

DO WE LOVE THE MUSIC OF CCR??? OMG!!! ( ( ( * Y * E * S * ) ) ) )

As for WOODSTOCk, I look back at the atrocious traffic jams that led to the concert,
    and I wonder what it took for all those people to get so impatient, that they left their cars ABANDONED on the highways??!!! WOW!!!
    Would YOU leave your car on the highway and walk miles to get to a concert?
    They just up and left their cars!!!! WHO DOES THAT????
    They left their cars there like they didn’t ever plan to get back to them.

Of course, somebody had to tow all those cars out of the way…what a mess!!!

Anyhow – yeah – - -JOHN< STU< DOUG<
    c’mon y’all.

Get back together…it won’t kill anyone to be nice.
    LOVE YOU ALL.

X O X O X O

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.