Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Contest Idea: Fans vote for setlist songs

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Miss Hoodoo Miss Hoodoo 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GiantsDave66

If I remember correctly, JohnFogerty.com did a poll in 2006 where fans could vote on what obscure, rare song John would play live in his shows. And as a result, that tour debuted now fan-favorites like “Commotion” and “Ramble Tamble” and “Rock and Roll Girls” and “Porterville.”

John should do this again for his next tour. Aside from “Nobody’s Here Anymore,” the set lists today are pretty repetitive. This contest could give fans the chance to hear songs they’ve been begging for for years: like Pagan Baby, or Feelin Blue, or You Don’t Owe Me.

Man, oh man….I could come up with a set list that would send me to Heaven.
    Back in the Hills
    Porterville
    It Came Out of the Sky
    Cross Tie Walker
    Feelin’ Blue
    Sinister Purpose
    You Don’t Owe Me
    On the Run
    Between the Lines
    Travelin’ High
    The Wall
    Where the River Flows
    I Ain’t Never
    Hearts of Stone
    You Rascal You
    Headlines
    Knockin’ On Your Door
    Endless Sleep

SwampStalker

I would love to hear John do “Back In the Hills”! It’s a tremendous song and incredibly underrated and obscure to most. It’s one of my favorite JR solo releases.
    Also, even though I’ve heard him do both of them before, I would like to see him throw “Tombstone Shadow” and “It Came Out of the Sky” back into the mix.
    This posting and the mention of “Ramble Tamble” reminds me of something I’ve been wondering about: Does anyone know if Ramble Tamble had ever before been performed live before John resurrected in in the 2000′s? I don’t believe I’ve ever heard mention of it being played during the CCR years. Perhaps John didn’t realize how popular the song was among his many, many fans until we started requesting it? Or maybe it was a song he personally always really liked and decided to dust it off and explore it in front of a live audience here in the last 10 years or so?

Oh my goodness gracious!!!
    What a cool idea you offer there,Giant Dave!

If I were to pick just ONE,
    it would have to be the Creedence-dripping

FEELIN’ BLUE !!!!

It was awesome when Creedence released it into the world and it still sounds great – all wrapped up in it’s original Creedence skins.
    But to imagine how John Fogerty would retool his great song, “FEELIN’ BLUE”! WOW!!!

This is part of John’s amazing creative talent. He would bass it up, but probably keep the same original tempo – it is a blues song, after all – - – isn’t it?
    One of the best blues songs out there….some may call it, “Blue eyed soul.”

But it’s a sort of blues song that when you’re feelin’ blue,
    really feelin’ DOWN…
    (down on the ground, very sad and depressed….)

This song, “FEELIN’ BLUE ” Just LIFTS A PERSON UP!!!!

I don’t have any idea where that sort of magic comes from……

Yep, “Feelin’ Blue” is one of the true undiscovered gems from the CCR catalog. It would sound great live, and if JF is truly heading in the direction of making an album of jam music, if he ever completes the album, and tours in support of it, “Feelin’ Blue”, would be a fine additon to the live set.

Yep, “Feelin’ Blue” is one of the true undiscovered gems from the CCR catalog. It would sound great live, and if JF is truly heading in the direction of making an album of jam music, if he ever completes the album, and tours in support of it, “Feelin’ Blue”, would be a fine additon to the live set.

Miss Hoodoo

good idea!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.