Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion creedence royal albert hall 1970

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of steve from england. steve from england. 1 year ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

hi all
    This is an old chestnut of mine…but is there any explanation as to why this concert is not out on the shelves in cd or dvd format….perhaps swampgirl you could investigate or ask john fogerty the question .

steve from England.

Sam Berdoo

Steve,

Your question is a good one and I don’t have an answer. But in case you aren’t aware, the 1970 Royal Albert Hall concert is preserved in several YouTube entries. My favorite is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I0NjeZyhUU

We have an elliptical near our home computer and I’ve many times received some good workout inspiration by playing that concert with the speakers as loud as they’ll go.

hi sam
    Thanks for your reply..this has been on going for several years… its coming out …its not coming out ….its been delayed, the popularity of creedence has never gone away, and john fogertys a legend ,we have had all these re-issues from the creedence catalogue over the years in cd form, why not something legendary like the albert hall concert 1970…to me its bigger than the Woodstock gig.!!!!

steve from England.

thebayou

I don’t think this concert will ever be released and I don’t think you will get a real answer.
    This topic has been brought up many times before, but, no real answers of what the delay is.
    There is a number of stuff that could be released but never will.

flysafely

Sam Berdoo, thanks for posting that youtube clip! I hadn’t seen it. Left the house 50 min. later than I planned cos I couldn’t walk away from watching that :)

Nancy

hi nancy
    A great piece of footage of the legendary gig……..now if someone would get there act together this could be released on a remastered cd and a super quality dvd. Come on make this happen….perhaps swampgirl could investigate this

steve from England.

flysafely

Hi Steve, when that happens, I’ll be buying pronto!

Nancy

hi swampgirl
    Just thought I would drop you a line to see if you have found out any info …as to a possible release of this gig…from either the john fogerty camp or concord,fantasy records .!!!!

steve from England.

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Negative, good sir.

-Swamp Girl

denis eudes

I always believed that the album “live in europe” was the royal albert hall concert./Users/deniseudes/Desktop/8621525.jpg Then there is this one too./Users/deniseudes/Desktop/8621525.jpg

denis eudes

cd.universe has live at royal albert hall for sale.

hi all
    Creedence performed at the royal albert hall over two nights 14/15 th april 1970. I have a music paper cutting from the new musical express….. creedence given 15 minute standing ovation. WOW!!!!….there is a lot of creedence/fogerty fans here in England.

steve from England.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.