Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion does show start at 7?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of chickenschoolgrad chickenschoolgrad 10 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    u2can

Durham has a 7pm start time. Wondering if John is ontime or socially late. Would he not come on til 7:30?

Thanks can’t wait for Bayou performance.

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Oops, sorry I didn’t get to this sooner. Yes, John usually starts right on time so don’t be late! Hope you’re enjoying the show right now. :)

According to the official John Fogerty timepiece–i.e. the Timex on Chicken’s wrist–John and the band took the stage promptly at 7:17. Woohoo! What a show! Between daylight savings time ending, having to catch a 5:15 AM flight home from MSP and breaking a crown and being in dire need of a dentist I wasn’t entirely there last night. I finally caught my second wind around Pretty Woman and was up doing the chicken shuffle for the rest of the show. My apologies if I missed a song or added a phantom song that wasn’t played but it went something like this:

Hey Tonight
    Born on the Bayou
    Bootleg
    Good Golly Miss Molly (talked about Little Richard having the perfect rock and roll voice)
    Penthouse Pauper
    Graveyard Train
    Chooglin’
    Joy of My Life (dedicated to Julie)
    Green River (talked about his family vacations at age 3 or 4)
    Porterville (John said off the mic to the band “I forgot to talk about this one. Oh well.”)
    Who Will Stop The Rain (cool, extended Woodstock story)
    Grapevine
    Lookin’ out my back door (fabulous squeeze box intro by Mr. Malone)
    Mystic Highway
    Ramble Tamble
    Hot Rod Heart
    Commotion
    Long as I can see the Light
    Midnight Special
    Have you ever seen the Rain
    Pretty woman
    Down on the Corner
    Centerfield
    Up around the Bend
    Old man down the Road
    Fortunate Son
    Bad Moon
    Proud Mary (the most perfect song in the universe)

After all of my previous concerts at the DPAC they sent me a survey to rate my experience. When they asked what could they do better I always told them to book a John Fogerty concert. When I fill out the survey this time I reckon I will have to tell them to book ANOTHER John Fogerty concert.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.