Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion First, let's stipulate that

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of flysafely flysafely 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Almost Saturday Night in one kick a$$ song. A gem tucked away on the Shep album. That opening guitar lick grabs your heart right from the git go.

Next let’s stipulate that John Fogerty rocks.

Now, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I present “Almost Saturday Night” with Keith Urban and John Fogerty. Their voices blend so well. And that organ lilting in the background gives the song a magical touch. While I miss that guitar lick, this new version tickles me right down to my toes.

Anonymous

ASN is one of my top five, all time Fogerty tunes. There is no one out there that comes close to JF doing ASN. I didn’t care for Dave Edmund’s version, and for me personally, Keith Urban’s version is one of the weaker tunes on WSFE. It’s not a knock on Keith Urban, but some songs are better left to the original artist, and for me, ASN is one of them. Now, with that said, Keith Urban and John Fogerty harmonize beautifully together; it’s a natural blend that would lend itself to a joint tour.

I miss that lick in the remake. But that lilting organ just touches my soul.

Love ASN to pieces. Often think some beer company should use it for an ad campaign.

flysafely

Rick Nelson’s cover of ASN is a favorite of mine, too.

Nancy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.