Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Generations.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 11 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Shay

I can’t believe I registered for this thing, but here I go. My Grandmother worshipped CCR, passed it along to my mother, and here I am. I love CCR just as much, if not more. It’s probably hysterical that I’m 27 years old and signing up for some John Fogerty forum, but I’m hoping to go to the Denver show and see him for the second time. My mother and myself saw him for the first time back at the Buell shortly after my Grandmother passed. I hope to make some friends to enjoy the show with! My mother can’t make it this year. Either way, hooray! I’m glad to be part of the third generation of CCR fans in my family.

27 isn’t so young Shay. I took my daughter to the 2000 Premonition tour of John in Tinley Park and she loved it. She was only 6 at the time, 19 now but she still remembers it and always will. Rock on Shay.

Dan Smith

Great music has no time frame

Dan Smith

My Mom stopped to visit today and Mom is 93.I was watching football in my man cave which has CCR Blue Ridge Rangers Posters singles on the walls also Beatles but John Fogerty is most prominent. My Mom squinted and looked at my collection and said to me Daniel I like BMR that is a good song. Then my 4 year old grandson so no Great Grandma the baseball song is my favorite. So my Mon is 93 and my grandson is 4 91 years between them and John rocks them both. No generation gap with great music.
    Dan

Dan Smith

My Mom stopped to visit today and Mom is 93.I was watching football in my man cave which has CCR Blue Ridge Rangers Posters singles on the walls also Beatles but John Fogerty is most prominent. My Mom squinted and looked at my collection and said to me Daniel I like BMR that is a good song. Then my 4 year old grandson so no Great Grandma the baseball song is my favorite. So my Mon is 93 and my grandson is 4 91 years between them and John rocks them both. No generation gap with great music.
    Dan

Amen, Dan! 5 years ago, i was standing on front row w/FIVE different generations next to me rockin/rollin at John’s concert. Ranging in age from a 3 year old to an 80 year old! The octogenarian lady was standing up and rocking/singing almost the whole time with us!! The 3 year old tho was passed out by the end. The two 22 year old guys told me that was the best f**ing concert they’d ever been to and they’d been to PLENTY! :)

Dan Smith

Yes as a fan I ‘am very proud of the music. I have heard the same from many different people over the years.

One of the funnest and most amazing concert nights I’ll always remember is when John played at the Hollywood Bowl with John Mellencamp. Most of the people entered the joint knowing full well who Mellencamp was, and all of his song catalog.
    John did such a spellbinding set that night that totally turned the channel to his favor: He played Bootleg and Keep on Chooglin and Ramble Tamble and Old Man Down the Road and alot of his major hits,
    and after the show, a bunch of young fans in their twenties were chattering up about how great this new guy Fogerty was!
    They had NEVER heard all those classic Creedence songs before, and they thought they were hearing them for the first time and they were totally BLOWN AWaY!!!!

It was quite amazing to hear their innocent commentary – they were so charged up and happy that they came in to see Mellencamp, and instead were blown away by this 60′s rock act; who has been chooglin’ the backwoods swamps all these years.

Back in the day when Creedence was king, my mom and pop loved some of the CCR tunes; at first they didn’t appreciate it, but when we spun, “Who’ll Stop the Rain” on our little turntable, they always made us pick up the needle and play it over again and over again.

Awww…weren’t those the days, huh people?
    Some of us remember those days as if they were just yesterday, but those were some rough and tumble times that only a Creedence song or two could remedy.

X O

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.