Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion great concerts in Hamburg

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of jeanne jeanne 4 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Friday 30 may we (my mother and me) drove from the Netherlands to Hamburg in Germany.
    It was really nice weather and around 15.30hrs we arrived at the stadspark in Hamburg.
    We could hear the soundcheck and to our surprise John played endless sleep.
    That was a big surprise but we did not know at that moment if John would play this live.
    When the doors opened we find a nice place at the stage.
    The venue is a realy nice place.
    It was a great evening. John played a realy nice setlist with Endless Sleep !!!, Penthouse Pauper, Southern Streamline, Blue Boy and a new song called New Orlean. This is also a realy nice song.
    After a few songs Johns walked to us and say hi Robert and hi Jeanne.
    We felt very lucky for that very special moment. John thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu.

During (i think it was) Keep on Choogling two airplanes flew over the venue at John pointed to the airplanes. That was a funny moment.
    Also compliments for the band and Shane Fogerty. You can see and feel the very special band between John and Shane. It is good to see that John is very proud.
    John voice and guitar was marvelous and awesome !!!!. The solos in Grapevine by Bob (keyboard) and James (bass) are really nice as well as the solo of Shane in Old man Down the Road. Kenny is as always awesome on the drums. After the concert we went to our hotel to get ready for the next day. Jelling in Denmerk.
    So it was a great evening and day in Hamburg.

Jeanne and
    Robert
    ps next post Jelling

jeanne

Thank you Robert for posting from our experience.

It was really great to see John again, and hear play his songs.

Jeanne

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.