Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion John Add WASFE To Setlist

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    J Criswell

John;

I hope you can add “Wrote A Song For Everyone” to the set list for the show in Baltimore. I would love to hear it, I know though you are playing the longest concerts of your career and we the fans appreciate it!

Since Baltimore is on a Wednesday night, will Shane be there playing guitar?

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Shane will not be in Baltimore. Pretty sure he has some school exams that day!

J Criswell

Who takes Shane’s place in the lineup?

Hey Crizwell,
    You know – you have a very fine idea there.
    Why wouldn’t John want to play some WROTE A SONG FOR EVERYONE?
    That is one deeply emotional song, that John wrote in a time of sadness, but he was one to work through his darkest times.
    I love the original Creedence version of this song – Miranda did a mighty fine job juicing it up in a modern flair, and I love her alot, but to be fair,
    nobody can touch all those Creedence gems.
    That’s prolly why they call me a CCR fan!!! I just love Creedence songs done in the original skins.

Anyhow – I do hope that John Fogerty realizes what a beautiful little song WROTE A SONG is.
    It’s a song that I would imagine he wrote while he was into the wild; out in the country where the tall grasses sway under the sage green oaks.

THe melody of the song is simple, yet deeply emotional and the lyrics are just so pure and deeply meaningful. John must have felt at his lowest low when he composed this song.

Yet he wasn’t trying to cash out on his sorrow – he knew that he would feel a measure of it for a lifetime and maybe he still has sorrow when singing this song.
    It’s a beauty of lasting grace!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.