Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion John at Clive Davis's GRAMMY Party

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GiantsDave66
    GiantsDave66

On Saturday, John performed on the same bill as pop and hip-hop superstars Miley Cyrus, R. Kelly, and Macklemore at Clive Davis’s exclusive annual GRAMMY gala. He apparently played the longest set of the night, with guest appearances by some Wrote a Song for Everyone collaborators – Fortunate Son with the Foo Fighters and Proud Mary with Jennifer Hudson, the first time John has ever performed WASFE New Orleans arrangement live. One shoe attendee claims he heard John call modern rock band Imagine Dragons “the best thing since the Beatles.” Other attendees saw John dining with fellow icons Joni Mitchell, Robbie Robertson, and Kris Kristofferson. Videos and setlist is provided below.

1. Born on the Bayou
    2. Centerfield
    3. Have You Ever Seen the Rain
    4. Bad Moon Rising

5. Proud Mary (with Jennifer Hudson)

6. Fortunate Son (with the Foo Fighters)

Profile photo of Swamp Girl
    Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Great write-up, Dave! Also check out this video behind the scenes of the photo shoot with all the night’s performers!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/clive-davis-party-watch-dave-675205

THANKS FOR SHARING

Profile photo of GiantsDave66
    GiantsDave66

Thanks for posting SwampGirl! It’s funny to see John in the company of these pop superstars. I wonder if he talked to Miley Cyrus – his song “It Ain’t Right” is basically about her lifestyle!

Profile photo of Dan Smith
    Dan Smith

These so called pop superstars don’t excite me at all, maybe I’m getting old. I feel John has always called it like he sees it.
    Dan

Profile photo of Dan Smith
    Dan Smith

These so called pop superstars don’t excite me at all, maybe I’m getting old. I feel John has always called it like he sees it.
    Dan

What a cool party to be at! All these artists take their craft very seriously, and they demonstrate a great respect for the legendary JOHN FOGERTY, (aka Creedence).

I’m happy that a good time was had by all and these moments are so pure they only happen once in a lifetime. CHEERS to Mr. Clive Davis, and happy birthday! This party may be the tip-top best that you will ever have, but I wish you many, many more!!!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.