Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion John Fogerty Grammy Museum Exhibit

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Swamp Girl Swamp Girl 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Alright guys,

This is what I was hinting at, which I want you guys to hear about first. Starting September 26th and running through the end of January 2014, The Grammy Museum in Los Angeles will present the John Fogerty: Wrote A Song For Everyone exhibit. This insanely in-depth exhibition chronicles his life from a toddler up through today, pulling everything from his personal collection. We really wanted to show how much John has contributed to the music world over the past 50 years, focusing on the near-overwhelming catalog of songs he’s written. I hope many of you will be able to make the trip out here – this really is a once-in-a-lifetime chance to peek into his inner world.

http://www.grammymuseum.org/on-display/special-exhibits/john-fogerty-wrote-a-song-for-everyone

-Swamp Girl

Dana

THIS IS AWESOME!!

I have for some time been meaning to make my way down to LA Live and check out The Grammy Museum. Now I will do it for sure. Can’t wait to see this!

Thanks for the heads up, SG!

Dana

flysafely

This was talked about by the morning drive dj’s on WDVE, 102.5 fm, Pittsburgh, this morning.
    Way cool!

Nancy

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Hah! That’s awesome. It’s really something special.

* * * WOW!!! * * *
    That is AWESOME!!! I didn’t know there even was a Grammy Museum here in LA!!!
    So, I did some investigation;
    The GRAMMY Museum is located at 800 W. Olympic Blvd., Los Angeles, California (corner of Olympic Boulevard and Figueroa Street), in the L.A. LIVE district. The Museum entrance is located on Figueroa Street.
    Gen admission is $12.50
    It’s just a short walk from the NOKIA and STAPLES CENTER!!!
    It’s in the heart of LA, baby!!!

I am in the midst of moving right now, my fellow Creedence Fans!!! I have been SUPER BUSY, but I hope that I will find the time to steal away and see this wonderful exhibit!!!

THIS IS WHY I LOVE LA!!!! )))))

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

The exhibit opens tomorrow! John stopped by today to take a walk down memory lane. Some of this stuff he hasn’t seen in years. Here’s a sweet photo of him showing his grade school report cards to his daughter Kelsy.

John and Kelsy checking out his new GRAMMY Museum exhibit..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.