Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion John to perform at Super Bowl 50!

This topic contains 7 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Vinyl Mike Vinyl Mike 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fogerty fans,
    Let’s start now to advocate to have John do the halftime show for Super Bowl 50! He’s the best live act in the world, time the world found out!
    Contact Pepsi, contact the NFL – Put John IN Coach!

I think Bruno Mars has already been lined up for the halftime show. A few years ago during the NFL playoffs, JF played the halftime show at two games. I don’t remember which games, but he played the first, and then hopped on a plane and flew to the other game and did his second show.

Al Lee Gador

On November 23, 2006 . . .

John performed two separate NFL halftime Thankgiving Day shows.

One show in Detroit and the other in Kansas City.

~Al~

• This reply was modified 6 months, 2 weeks ago by Avatar of Al Lee Gador Al Lee Gador.

It was Thanksgiving Day on 23 November 2006 when John Fogerty performed at Ford Field in Detroit during the halftime show of the Miami Dolphins-Lions game, and then he flew to Kansas City to perform during halftime of the Denver Broncos-Chiefs game at Arrowhead Stadium. They were regular-season games and not the play-offs.

The previous year Fogerty played outside the stadium at the pre-game tailgate party for Superbowl XXX1X in 2005, when Paul McCartney was the main halftime act.

Mark David

Great Idea ! Seeing as Rolling Stone ranked “Wrote a Song for Everyone” as
    the #10 recording of 2013, this idea has ‘legs’. Whether or not he plays
    at halftime…not so important…but to get a gig on the pre game list, I believe
    is within reach. Who’s the promoter ?

GiantsDave66

Unfortunately, John is not famous enough to perform the SuperBowl Halftime Show. Unless he joins a supergroup (with other massive stars like Petty or Springsteen), or reunites with CCR, I don’t see him ever performing on the world’s biggest stage.

John did play the two Thanksgiving Halftime Shows… played a different setlist at each one, switching “Proud Mary” with “Travelin’ Band.”

Incidentally, the music for John Fogerty and band’s two three-song medley performances (one song changed) at the halftimes for the NFL Thanksgiving games in 2006, was pre-recorded in LA with Kenny Aronoff doing the drumming parts in the studio, but John Molo “played” on drums at the actual football games.

Vinyl Mike

Will be the best performer for any Super Bowl and he won’t lipsinc like everyone else has done to include Aerosmith

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.