Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion New Album Rumors

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of I have a teddy called Petri I have a teddy called Petri 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Lee

Is there any truth to the rumor that John Fogerty will be releasing a back to his roots type album in 2015? Nothing would be better than a back to the swamp album from Fogerty. Would be the best album by anyone in thirty years.

LEE, Lee, Lee
    I haven’t heard any such rumour ….nothing like that at all!!!
    He’s on tour right now, so this is NOT the time that John usually takes a break to concentrate on new material…although what do I know?
    He probably writes a new song every day….

Just like you and I punch a clock, the man is processing music in his own routine way.

It may not be an entire song but you know…a note or two that makes a stanza??? WHO really knows anything for sure?
    Anyhow – - – - it’s a heck of a lot of work, you know and none of us take it for granted for one second….

I think the audiobook has to be finished first now ,
    and that the rumour about a new album is just a rumour !

Lee

I know that he is currently on tour, I just saw him in Cincinnati on the 25th. But I also know that years ago he released 3 albums in one year while touring with CCR. This man has more talent than we can think of. One of the greatest, who can do a lot at once.

Hi Lee
    I think the book will be finished first and hopefully in the stores by Christmas….when I have asked the question about new material on this site ….it is a standard reply john fogerty works on his music everyday. It would be nice if a new album was out to celebrate his 70th birthday, but who knows ?

steve from England.

Lee

He really is one of the greatest ever. It would be great to get some of that swamp music that only he can make. There will never be a talent like him ever again.

Miguel

a new album with new songs… a good gift for fans :)

Miguel

a new album with new songs… a good gift for fans :)

As I’ve listened to the radio and read various music publications, both Bob Seger and Robert Plant have suggested that their newest albums might be their last. All of the groups I grew up with–CCR, the Kinks, Who, Allman Bros, etc.–are getting into their 70s. But then you look at Sir Paul McCartney and he puts on a 3 hour plus show at the age of 72. Knowing how much minutiae and detail JF puts into his recordings, I suspect that we are 18-24 months away from any new CD; not to mention that the music industry is changing so quickly that putting out CDs is not the money maker it once was. It will be interesting fo’ sure!

We can hope for a new album, but i’m afraid that it is only a rumour
    Walter from Belgium

I think this rumor was started by a ‘satire’ site that just made it all up. Would be cool though.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.