Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Nokia show

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 6 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Dan Smith

Wow! What a show at the Nokia in L.A. incredible. John was at his best Rockin’ all evening. Cosmos Factory was played in its entirety but not in L.P. order, he opened with Travelin’ Band and played all the songs from the bands 5th L.P. John played one song from the first CCR LP and it was Porterville, great to hear that song again. The band sounded great we miss Dave Santos but the new bass player did a great job. I was in front and I turned around and every seat was filled it was a sold out show. It makes me happy to see all those people singing and dancing. Back to the set list John mixed CCR and songs from his solo career, it kept everyone jumping and singing all night. Shane is doing a fantastic job he rocked everyone along with his Dad especially on the Old Man down the Road. It was great seeing Dana& Sue Rick and Ed we always have fun at John Fogerty shows. The background show behind the band was absolutely fantastic. All night they showed different pictures that had a connection with his family life and his songs. So whoever is going to see John on his upcoming tour I promise you it is going to have a real good time.
    Dan ( Bootleg) Smith

sean

Was there an opening act? How long was the show? I’m super happy to bayou country played on the 15 in Denver.thanks for your post

Dan Smith

No opening act. I didn’t have a watch but I think the show was at least 150 minutes. Here is a list of the songs off the top of my head. I can remember them in chronological order, not in the order they were played.
    Porterville, Born on the Bayou, Proud Mary, K.O.C, Green River, Bad Moon Rising, Lodi, Down on the Corner , Fortunate Son, Midnight Special, the entire Cosmos factory LP, Have you ever seen the Rain and Hey Tonight. Almost Saturday Night, Old man Down the Road, Centerfield, Rock n Roll Girls, Hot rod Heart, Mystic Highway and Train of Fools. He also reformed Roy’s Pretty Women. 30 some songs I might have missed one or two. You’ll enjoy the show
    Dan

sean

sounds like a great time,Right on Dan thanks

Ron Moore

Thanks for posting the set list Dan. I was there last night too along with my son but unfortunately he got sick and we left right after Almost Saturday Night. I’ve seen John about 10 times since he’s been back and that was the best. Great guitar soloing by John on Ramble Tamble, Train of Fools and of course others. May need to take a ‘road trip’ to see another show on this tour…

Ron Moore

Thanks for posting the set list Dan. I was there last night too along with my son but unfortunately he got sick and we left right after Almost Saturday Night. I’ve seen John about 10 times since he’s been back and that was the best. Great guitar soloing by John on Ramble Tamble, Train of Fools and of course others. May need to take a ‘road trip’ to see another show on this tour…

Peter Sutter

thanks Dan, great to hear that John was on his BEST, wow.
    greetings from Switzerland
    Pete

Miss Hoodoo

thanks for the review Dan! I envy you! :-) Too bad we’re not going to make it this tour but hey even *we* cant be there everytime :-D I wish everyone a lot of fun!!!!!

Miss Hoodoo

Dan

Just saw the show at Vino Robles in Paso Robles on the Central Coast – that had to be one of the best all time concerts I have been to, and I have been going to concerts for close to 40 years. I would really like to get a tape of it; I hope he releases a recording of one of these shows, because it will instantly become a classic. Wow! This show looked sold out or close to it as well. I’m sure the set list was similar to the L.A. show. Sound quality was darn near perfect, and John really looked like he loved doing what he was doing! He just kept playing, classic after classic, a little over 2 1/2 hours. No opening act, and he started right on time. They had a video of sorts going through from when he was a child all the way to the current time, with videos and family photos – really nice way to open a show. The crowd at first didn’t have much energy (hey, it was mainly people 50 and over) but the last third of the concert everyone was on their feet and dancing in the aisles. Every song built on the energy from the previous one. We drove over an hour to the show but I would do it again in a heartbeat, and if you can possibly see one of his shows on this tour, I would not miss the opportunity. Incredibly upbeat and positive and just plain fun, a rare quality at concerts these days.

WOW, DAN!!! You are on a roll – a Fogerty/Creedence roll!!!
    Thank you so much for writing us a nice review of the 2 shows that you’ve been so lucky to be a part of!
    And also I feel so happy that John is still selling them out!!!

That’s what you get when you put on quality rock concerts with legendary songs attended by legions of loyal and new fans!!! WOW!!! FABULOUS!!!! XO X O XO

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.