Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion (( POWERING UP CREEDENCE)) in preparation

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I was on my drive home and decided to take the scenic route down in Orange County, Southern California. That’s my new address that I live at now.
    You know, we have canyons and abandoned sea cliffs and small puddles of quicksand down here; there’s some swamp lands in open spaces down here. I always have to remind myself to stay away from the deserted places, but they’re so mesmerizing that I find myself spell bound, walkin’ blind. OOOOH!

I thought it would be a great plan to POWER UP SOME COSMO’s FACTORY for my drive through this twisty turny canyon drive and as I drove down south. I gave myself a quick refresher course on the track list from COSMO’s FACTORY!!! I HAD TO DO IT IN PREPARATION FOR JOHN”s UPCOMING BIG SHOW At the NOKIA!!!

In case you want to cross check the track list with me – here it is.

Ramble Tamble is the BEST ROCKIN ROAD SONG EVERY WRITTEN! It never sounds quite so awesome as when you hear it in your car during the sunset hours!!! Before you Cuse ME is a kicker of a song that never fails to crack me up when John sings about his girlfriends mama -tellin’ him to get lost!
    Oobie Doobie has the quick draw quitar written all over it – I love that little ditty!!! And then Lookin Out my Back Door was the strong country/rock tune that opened up so many doors to Creedence back in the sixties. It was THE SONG that knocked every innocent city slicker back on their hineys!!! Run Through the Jungle is one of those dark, creepy but cool songs that is so prophetic – my mind always runs images of the Vietnam jungle, and also the Afghanistan desert – John’s voice on that song just grabs ya! The harmonica seals your love for life!!!!
    Then we flip over to Up Around the Bend which opens with perhaps the most famous single note guitar lick ever played on the radio worldwide!!! John’s songwriting abilities started to prove their star power on this album. Not to be ignored and I almost forgot the name of this song entirely is, “My Baby Left Me and John schooled Elvis on how this song should be sung!!! AhEM * (Okay, so nobody agrees…..that’s my opinion, y’all!!! ) HA HA HA
    Up next on the world-famous album is “Who’ll Stop the Rain” which melted the hearts of many a person from the turbulent sixties. The acoustic guitar work made a believer in everyone in the magic of Creedence. Turntables turned that song over and over and over….it is just one of those songs that every single person on earth gravitates to and loves!!!
    Next up is the incomparable GRAPEVINE!!! OMG!!!! I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE, HONEY, HONEY, YEAH!!!! PLEASE JOHN AND BAND!!! POWER UP THE GRAPEVINE WITH FULL CREEDENCE FLAVOR, OKAY????
    PLEASE – PLEASE – PULL-EASE DON’T DO THE MARVIN GAYE version (its too gay, if you ask me!!!)
    Don’t do it the standard way that the other R & B artists did it.
    NO! NO! NO! NONO!!! nooOOOOOO!!!

WHEN YOU POWER UP I HEARD IT THROUGH THE GRAPEVINE PLEASE PLAY IT IN IT’S ORIGINAL CREEDENCE SKINS, FULL OF PURE, WHITE FUNK – high-note falsettos AND BLACK MAGIC, OKAY???’

I MEAN IT !!!!! I LOVE THE WAY CREEDENCE TREATED GRAPEVINE!!!! IT WAS WAAAAAAY MORE SOULFUL!!!
    CREEDENCE KICKED UP THE BASS AND I LOVE IT THAT WAY!!!!!
    Perhaps the strongest civil rights song ever performed in the jacked-up sixties!!!

PLEAS JOHN!!!! YOU JUST HAVE TO DO IT THE CREEDENCE WAY!!!!!

WHEW*

And then last, but not least, LONG AS I CAN SEE The LIGHT has got to be served up with that bluesful, white boy umph that you placed into it
    so many
    many
    years ago.

* Sigh*

Thanks for listen’ y’all….but please don’t listen to me much more.
    Put on COSMOS FACTORY!!!! POWER UP COSMO’S AND CREEDENCE!!!!!

There was once this little factory in the backstreets of Berkeley, and 4 good old white boys who liked to bicker alot, got together and made some impressive and important rock music.
    They blacked out the windows of the factory and for good measure, they hung their inspiration:
    blue velvet drapes. That factory had no conveyor belt!!!
    Passerbys could hear alot of hammering and tooling going on – some screaming and some singing too.
    Probably nobody figured it out in the outside world….so the little band was able to focus and get aLOT of work done inside the Factory –

They tooled together some of the most original, unbelievable rock music ever – in that little factory.
    Some say it was the drummer’s name – Cosmo – who gave the factory it’s name.

Others say that the work inside the factory was written under the Cosmos.
    Very mystical – very magical – extremely original – never done-before music by the master.
    Some say the artists got inspiration from the stars that came out at night.
    But that was long ago and things have changed…

I am looking forward to hearing this COSMO’s FACTORY album LIVE in concert in just a few short weeks!!

AHHHHH — – I’ve seen John and BAND! a few dozen times – it’s never the same, and it’s never enough.

Have a peaceful night!!! X O X O
    X O X O X O

HEY! GOSH DARN!!!
    Nobody’s perfect – I left out the most muscularly challenging song out in my haste.
    Haste makes waste, y’all!!!

What HUGE hit did I miss?

tell it to me – X O

Profile photo of Sam Berdoo
    Sam Berdoo

DaRiverBoatQueen,

I just read your rundown of Cosmo’s Factory. Love it! What an awesome album.

I can’t believe three days have gone by and nobody has answered your question about the song you left out. That would be Travelin’ Band!

Please tell me I’ve won some tickets to John Fogerty’s upcoming concert here in Des Moines!?!?

Regards,
    Sam B.

HA HAAAAAAAAAA!!!! Sam BERDOO, how do you DO???
    You win the most AWESOME DUDE on the FORUM award, how’s that for a prize that can’t be beat???

There is no “prize” as far as material gain involved, but spiritually, the prize you won
    is only meaningful to the heart!!!

God bless!!!! X O

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.