Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Radio interveiw

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of GiantsDave66 GiantsDave66 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dan Smith

During the interview John was asked if he considered any other people for this CD. Yesterday I was thinking the same thing. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? If a WASFE 2 is down the road, do you have any thoughts which songs and what artists would be considered. Remember more then a few classic songs didn’t get recorded on his new CD. Maybe people like Jackson Browne, G Thorogood, Tom Petty Rod Steward,(who did a great job on HYESTR) or Booker T Jones just to name a few.
    Dan

GiantsDave66

Pretty sure that John tried to get the Black Keys on this CD. In an interview last April, he said: “I’m hoping that the Black Keys will record a track. They’ve agreed, but it’s hard to find a spot in their schedule.” Guess it never panned out. They would’ve done a great job with “Run Through the Jungle.”

Because John and Bruce Springsteen are such good friends, he probably tried to get Bruce on the CD. But Bruce started a world tour in 2012, so they probably had scheduling issues. Bruce would’ve done a great job with “Travelin’ High” or “Rockin all Over the World.”

I also recall John meeting the Fleet Foxes once. Would like to see that collaboration, perhaps on “It’s Just a Thought.” John Mellencamp would be a good guest too.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.