Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Said, "You're gonna find the world is smolderin'"

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Dan Smith Dan Smith 9 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

My fav Fogerty line.

Still sets my soul a-flame even today.

Why can’t I write like that?

“Old Cody Junior took me over,
    said, You’re gonna find the world is smolderin’
    and if you get lost -
    come on home to Green River.”

MAN OH MAN! That’s some excellent writin’, ain’t it?
    Good God, Johnnie! How did you ever know that I wuz thinkin’ the same thing?
    We must be on the same wavelength, you know?

JUST FREAKIN’ AWESOME LYRICS!!!!! LOVE GREEN RIVER!!!!!

Isn’t it a great line? Positively sings with inspiration.

Always loved it.

Hey Johnnie,
    I was just thinking, Green River was the third album Creedence released and it was a hot seller.
    On the 45 version, Green River was released with Commotion on the flip side of the 45.
    Also, Lodi was released on another 45 with Bad Moon Rising on the flip side.
    Such Cosmic items, weren’t they?
    Both reached the number 2 position on Billboard charts.

Those were the glory days, weren’t they? Now we’re still feeling that same, wondrous glory
    with Mystic Highway and Train of Fools being on “Wrote a Song” album.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the music of John Fogerty!!!!

hi queenie
    Bad moon rising got to number one here in England.!!!!!

steve from England.

Back in the Creedence cannon John was putting songs out at least 3 a year.Lord how I miss those days of hearing his voice on the radio.I think the last time he really got a lot of airplay was with Centerfield. Hooch!

Dan Smith

We just came back from the Eastern Sierra’s yesterday. Talking about Green River we went out fishing and boating , off at the end of the lake there was a big rock and a big tree and two ropes hanging from the tree. These kids looked to having a great time swinging on the rope and dropping in the water. Some of the best things in life are free. WELL!
    Dan

DAN – “…and two ropes hanging TO the tree.” since my hubby’s fave line from that song is “wonder if my rope’s still hangin’ to the tree” i had to tweak it john-style for ya! :P Glad ya got that visual yesterday on your fun outing. Those are the carefree innocent days of youth.

My fave line of Green River is “barefoot girls dancin’ in the moonlight.” oh yeah. magical imagery.

Dan Smith

Yes I like those lyrics kind of gets you thinking. Great song and John’s favorite.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.