Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Single

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Swamp Girl Swamp Girl 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of thebayou
    thebayou

Hi Swamp Girl,

Is there going to be a single from John’s new CD?
    I think that will be the only way to get Radio play.

• This topic was modified 1 year, 4 months ago by Profile photo of thebayou thebayou.
    thebayou

Any info on a planed single?

thebayou

I want to thank you for answering my question!

Profile photo of Swamp Girl
    Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Hi thebayou,

Sorry for the delay. “Mystic Highway” is the single from Wrote A Song For Everyone. Request it at your local station!

-Swamp Girl

thebayou

Ok, Mystic Highway is a single, great! But, it is not being played! Has it charted? Now what, is there more singles planned? Is John ever going to have a hit again? The promotion for his new CD stinks!
    I think John is forever type-casted as CCR’s front man!!!

Dan a very frustrated fan!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of thebayou thebayou.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Profile photo of thebayou thebayou.
    thebayou

Just some info. I contacted KKGO a country station here Southern California. They said they will not play a song until it charts on some magic charts they look at. That means to me that a song has to be released as a single and then chart on that magic chart before they will play it.

How does a song chart if it’s not played first?????

thebayou

Why can’t I get simple answers on the promotion plans for John’s great new CD? Like single releases or plans to get the songs played on the radio.

Country music awards are coming, will the songs that feature country stars be recognized? I think they should be.

There is dead silence on this web site, why?

thebayou

I am done with this web site!

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Hey Dan,

Vanguard Records and their radio department are working on this day in and day out. I don’t think it’s prudent to give you their entire detailed marketing plan for this album, but trust they are trying their best to get the single played. I’ve heard it a number of times here in Southern California myself. And you’re right – Country radio is a whole different beast. They’re working on it! I’m sorry I can’t give you more details than that at this point in time. But we have the tour coming up shortly and that should get the ball rolling. We really appreciate your interest in this and thank you for being such an active member of this community. Stay tuned for some cool things coming up!

-Swamp Girl

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

As a follow up, Dan, here is some more information from the label:

You’re right, it’s a frustrating experience. Most commercial stations typically wait for a song to chart on their respective format chart before they consider airplay for the song. And it’s easy to get lost in that circular argument because your question “How does a song chart if it’s not played first?” is totally valid and makes all of us want to rip our hair out. (we’d actually add a few exclamation points in addition to your question marks) That said, we’ve been able to get every song on the album played at radio multiple times over—which hardly ever happens in today’s radio world of singles. The single “Mystic Highway” has hit Top 15 at Classic Rock (a format which rarely plays new music) and got the album to Top 15 on the NonCommercial Triple A radio chart and Top 3 on the Americana radio chart recently. (“NonComm Triple A” stations are member-supported stations like KCSN in Los Angeles and WYEP in Pittsburgh where the single hit the top of their playlist and WFUV in New York City where the Album has been spotlighted as their Album of the Week and a new track was played every hour.)

That type of chart activity helps other Commercial stations pay attention to the album. In fact, album track “Fortunate Son” has hit Top 3 at Classic Rock as well because of the wide awareness for the album (those of you listening to WZBA in Baltimore or WDVE in Pittsburgh are hearing it quite often). The next step is for radio stations to get feedback from listeners that they want to continue hearing the music. Team Fogerty is putting together a list of stations that will be most effective to contact that will continue to get “Mystic Highway” up the chart. We are also working on a radio special about the album that will air on stations around the country beginning Labor Day weekend so that even more people hear about the depth of this incredible album. As frustrating as it can feel, all of us are working each day to make sure the music is heard far & wide and there have been successes along the way like charting at various formats and concert simulcasts in New York City and Los Angeles, which is also rare in today’s radio world. We can all participate in continued success. Let us know if you’d like to help be part of that process…radio success is a team effort and it always starts with listeners like you wanting to hear the music on-air.

thebayou

Swamp Girl thank you for the info, it is very eye opening! That is what “Wrote A Song For Everyone” is an “Incredible Album” What other artist has been able to bring this many other great artist to one project?

Swamp Girl, yes, I would like to be part of the process!!!

Thank you,
    Dan

Profile photo of flysafely
    flysafely

That was really fascinating–reading what the people from the label explained. Thanks!
    WDVE and WYEP are my 2 most listened to stations here in Pgh. Will have to tweet, fb post and call in to have them play “Mystic Highway” and “WASFE” now that I know it matters. I have heard FS on both those stations more than a few times.

Thanks.

Nancy

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Dan, check your messages! :)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.