Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Surfing the Jimmy Buffett website out of curiosity

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of chickenschoolgrad chickenschoolgrad 4 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Checking out Jimmy Buffett’s website, he turned that one hit into a money making machine. He even offers a “frozen concotion maker!” A blender emblazoned with his “Margaritaville” logo.

Smart marketing from a one-hit wonder.

http://www.margaritavillecargo.com/bali-landing-page.html?src=Z4MEORG

denis eudes

For your inforrmation,Buffett’s concerts for over 30 years have always been sold out.and we’re talking in big stadiums.He made it without hit singles,he has more hit albums then most artists.You should look more into him before putting him down.

Not a put down, a compliment. I didn’t mention his resort or other items I saw.

Smart marketing from a one hit wonder.

Compare his online store to Mr. Fogerty’s

Actually Mr. B is a one and a half hit wonder. “Come Monday” was a minor hit a few years before “Margaritaville”.

CSG will be in Frisco, TX in June. The only thing better than a John Fogerty concert is a Fogerty/Buffett show. Woohoo!

Miss Hoodoo

I bet Jimmy Buffet is a lot of fun… all his songs are about booze!!! :-D

denis eudes

For those who think that Buffett is a one hit wonder,check out the live at Wriggley field dvd,he filled the place up.And the same everywhere else he plays..

Shawn

Buffett is far more than a one-hit wonder. Yes, Margaritaville is anthemic in the same way Fortunate Son, Born in the USA or Purple Rain are. But he’s released dozens of albums with well well loved tunes. If you’ve ever seen Fast Times At Ridgemont High, you’ve probably hummed Spiccoli’s Theme without knowing Buffett wrote it. Cheeseburger in Paradise spawned a lesser known restaurant chain. Fins, One Particular Harbor, Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes, etc. He’s also written multiple New York Times Best Sellers. He’s clearly got a business savvy (or damn good advisors) that many other artists are lacking, which is to his credit.

denis eudes

What i’ve been saying all along on my previous posts,thank you for agreeing with me.Your last sentence about good advisors is right on.I don’t want to put down Fogerty,been to over half a dozen of his concerts,he’s great,but Buffett is in my opinion a better artist in some ways.John should surround himself with a good management team and advisors.He should listen to his millions of fans as to what they want to listen to on his future recordings.Hopefully things will change for the better.

denis eudes

What i’ve been saying all along on my previous posts,thank you for agreeing with me.Your last sentence about good advisors is right on.I don’t want to put down Fogerty,been to over half a dozen of his concerts,he’s great,but Buffett is in my opinion a better artist in some ways.John should surround himself with a good management team and advisors.He should listen to his millions of fans as to what they want to listen to on his future recordings.Hopefully things will change for the better.

JAY

John Fogerty and Jimmy Buffett! July 26. Detroit Mi. Does anyone have the presale code?

Yippee! Today is Jimmy Buffett day in sunny warm Raleigh, NC and Chicken has a front row ticket! I can’t wait for Jimmy and John to play together this summer. I hope that they will join each other on stage for a song or two instead of doing two completely separate sets.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.