Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Tollwood Munchen

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar of Robert.Boudens Robert.Boudens 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Next day we drove from Milano to Munchen.

It was still raining cats and dogs. We saw this day never a dry moment
    First we stopped at the pharmacy to get something for the mosquito bites.
    Than we drove from Milano Italy=> Switzerland => San Bernardino => Austria=> Germany to Munchen. During the travel we saw beautiful landscapes, waterfalls etc. and passes through the San Bernardino tunnel/pass and we saw rain rain and more rain.

On our way we passed the John Fogerty touring bus (with equipment and/or John and Band ?).
    Because the windows are blinded we could not see who was in it.
    When we arrived at the Tollwood festival in Munchen it was still raining.

The concert was in the Olympic stadium/village (very big area) and was hard to find.
    Because of the rain it was good that the concert was in a big tent.
    There were 3 entrances so we needed a little bit of luck which entrance would go open first. When it was time we were first from our entrance to get in but a lot of people where already standing at the front row. Luckily we could manage to get one place at the front row. It was a nice spot.
    John opened with Travelin Band.
    After Who’ll Stop the Rain John walked to our spot to say Hello Robert to me.
    This are the times you feel you are in heaven. A little later John walked to our spot to say hello to my mother. John thank youuuuuuuuuuuuu again.
    This time no Grapevine or Penthouse Pauper but an extended version of Porterville. A great song and difficult to play with a lot of break/tempo differences.
    At the stage there were big speakers. Nice to see that John during Suzie Q and later Keep on Chooglin’ putted his guitar to this speakerwall to get maximum distortion.
    The sound in the tent was really good; the best so far this tour.
    Johns keeps me surprising how good he is. His guitar playing is sensational and his voice strong and so powerfull !!!!

Great to hear again Old Man Down the Road and Shane’s solo guitar playing in this song.
    Because Germany played this evening against Brasil John played Rocking all over the world for all the Germany fans.
    So I think this is the end so far of my reviews.

John is playing Sunday the last concert of this tour at Bospop here in the Netherlands
    (about 1.5 hrs drive so it is a home party).
    Weather forecast: Rain !!!!
    all the best
    Robert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.