Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Traveling Grammy Mseeum Exhibit?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Vinyl Mike

With the beautifully put together John Fogerty “Wrote a Song For Everyone Grammy Museum Exhibit” on the West Coast, why not have it a “traveling exhibit”. Living on the East Coast and a big John Fogerty fan for many years it would be great to see this exhibition of rock and roll royalty memorabilia come to my neck of the woods and a bit closer to everyone else as we’ll.
    On display exhibit features:
    Centerfield “Baseball Bat” guitar; played during his solo career;
    Dobro guitar from 1969’s Green River album cover;
    John’s personal scrapbook from his time with Creedence Clearwater Revival;
    Handwritten lyrics to “Proud Mary”;
    Fogerty’s high-school diploma and yearbook;
    Costumes, posters, awards and albums;
    Personal correspondence, tour ephemera and photographs;
    The original recording contract CCR signed with Fantasy Records that came back to haunt him
    And much more…
    How do you feel? And John if you see this, how do you feel and would it be possible?

Hi Michael, you have a very good suggestion that I hope will grab the attention of those who have the power and the will to bring it to fruition. New York would be a good city to house John’s exhibit,
    New Orleans, Florida and Europe would love to host this beautiful exhibit.

I was so fortunate to see the exhibit on it’s opening night. I also was lucky and blessed enough to win tickets to John’s speaking event, and the magic of that evening lingers with me even today!

All of John’s stuff was lovingly stored and kept dry and protected all these years. Things from the Creedence era are on display, and lots of John’s clothes are on exhibit. His banjo and some guitars are included in the show, and some very fragile items such as old papers are there as well.
    I could have stayed there for hours, but I barely had 30 minutes to soak it all in. We were in a tight time frame to uphold the event, but I am not complaining!!!
    I NEED TO GO BACK AND SEE IT AGAIN, my friends!!!!!

The event has been extended to March 9th 2014 at the Grammy Museum in downtown Los Angeles.

The Grammy Museum is up the street from the NOKIA Theater and STAPLES Center. There has been many multi-million dollar improvements done to this area in downtown LA: in years gone passed, this area was once a ghetto, but it’s now the stuff of bright lights, fresh food and world-class entertainment.
    It’s where the upwardly mobile people go to these days, and the paid parking lot next door is safe and secure. You still should lock your car doors though! (It’s LA)

I have to go back to see the John Fogerty Exhibit, now that I have been given a bit more time to make my long journey out there.
    Seriously, a person could lose a couple of hours being deeply immersed in this authentic Creedence stuff……it’s really so cool.

X O

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.