Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Tulsa Show Review

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Corey Corey 5 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Corey

Well, it started out a strange night. The doors usually open for a 8pm show at 7pm. Tonight there was a sound system problem so none of the crowd was let in until after 8pm. The show started about 8:30 or a little after. We got a 2 hour show. I timed it. We also got a special guest appearance that Swamp Girl refers to in another post. ZZ Top is in town for a show on Friday (the day after John) so things worked out where Billy Gibbons was able to join John on Stage. 2 songs (Sharped Dressed Man and Born On the Bayou). John sounded great just like others had said about previous shows. It was definitely well worth it for me. I finally got a chance to see John play live and he didn’t disappoint. The set list was similar to others with Sharped Dress Man being the big change. I wish I had the time to travel to see him once more. John was at the top of my must see list and now I can cross him off that list. Enjoy the upcoming shows everyone.

David Perez

I just want to start off by saying that the show was awesome last night! I have seen John 5 times now and each time I say “that was the best Fogerty concert I’ve seen.” I do have a couple of questions…..where was Shane last night? Is he only with the bad on select dates? Also, why were only 25 of the 30 songs on the posted setlist played? Were they cut because the concert was forced to start late. I am not complaining……..just curious is all. Let me reiterate that the show was killer last night!

Corey

Yes, David is correct the show was a little shorter then the rest. Still a great show. My guess is starting 30 minutes late caused them to shorten the set list. I have the same question about Shane. I thought he was going to be there?

Thanks Corey and David for your nice reviews! I”m so glad that y’all enjoyed the show so much, and you took the time to give us fans (who are too far away) to see John in concert a little taste of what went on. ZZ Top being there on stage with John was really amazing and cool!!!!

Have a wonderful day!!!

Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

Hey guys,

So glad you had a good time last night. We were so disappointed – the sound board completely died minutes before doors, so all our crew threw their might into coming up with a solution. It was tense for sure, but John, being the consummate professional, came out and played as many songs as the venue would allow, given the shortened time frame. We definitely went in with the intention of playing every song on that list. Venue restrictions simply prohibited us from going past curfew, so we had to make some difficult cuts. I’m so glad Billy Gibbons was able to come out and rock for you guys. He and John had so much fun on stage together. That really was a once-in-a-lifetime thing to see. We so appreciate you guys sticking around through the delay, and I hope that wait paid off for you.

As far as Shane playing, he will be out for most of the weekend shows, since he doubles as a USC senior for his day job. ;)

-Swamp Girl

Corey

Thanks Swamp Girl. The show ended at 10:30. I thought curfew was 11pm. I saw Peter Frampton there and he played from 8 til 11. I guess things have changed since he was there at the Hard Rock or he had it in his contract for them to let him play til 11. His show was also during the week. I felt bad for some of the older people that got in line at 7pm to go in. They had to stand for over an hour waiting. One person about passed out. Another person next to me that I was talking to was also really struggling standing for that long of time. As for Billy playing. I actually knew about it before hand. I was told about a special guest coming by people at the Hard Rock. They didn’t know who it was at the time. I figured it out because I knew ZZ was playing Friday since I have tickets to see them. Great show despite the challenges of the evening. I will get a download from at least one of the other shows so I can hear the songs that were missed. I think there were about 5 missed.

Rodney Leamy

My crew & I had a blast last night! The delay kind of sucked because we had to drive home 2hrs. but those things happen. I have been waiting to see John for a long time. Im so glad he came to the Hard Rock Tulsa (my favorite place to watch a concert) he did not dissapoint. John & his band sounded great & Billy Gibbons joining in was a extra cherry on top! It was awesome concert I didnt want it to end!

DarrTodd

When will the download of the show be available. I’ve been checking about every 30 min. It was a great night! Wish we could have seen the entire setlist of songs but it was sure fun seeing John and Billy playing together!

Corey

I don’t think there will be a download for this show. The Texas show from the 18th is available now. If they were gonna release the Hard Rock show it would have been online Friday. The sound system problems are why we will not get a copy of it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.