This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Dan Smith

All the songs are great. Do you have a favorite? Well for me it’s Hot Rod Heart it smokes BIG TIME!
    I keep going back and thinking no it’s this one or that one but HRH smokes. One thing when I play this CD I start with Fortunate Son and play it until the end. I seem to jump back to Lodi, BMR and HRH a few time before it’s done.

Dan

Dan Smith

Mystic Highway is right there with HRH.

I love all of the songs, but lately I have been playing Mystic Highway and Wrote A Song For Everyone the most. When Miranda sings “thousand years in chains…look it’s just the same” and puts a special southern accent on “chains” and “same” I need smelling salts to keep from swooning. Oh my gosh! If Dana’s lovely (and beautiful) wife Sue wasn’t already my girlfriend, I would start courting Miranda faster than you can say “two timing chicken”. :)

GiantsDave66

“Mystic Highway” is one of John’s most timeless songs since Centerfield. It’s got that powerful & surging guitar riff, beautiful Eagles-esque harmonies, and creative vocal breakdown… the recipe for a killer song.

“Someday Never Comes” is also incredible. Easily my two faves.

Dan Smith

Yes Mystic Highway is a great song. I still crank up Hot Rod Heart, I have always loved HRH . When BMS first came out we went to a interview with a DJ named Red Beard in Burbank . When they played HRH during the interview I looked at John and seen that smile on his face, he knew it was a gem. Now he and Brad did it again and it kicks butt. The whole CD is great what else can I say.
    Dan(Bootleg)Smith

Hey, chickie, your gal Sue is two timing you with some
    guy with a beard. I’ll ask her “what’s up with that”
    tomorrow when I see her.
    I’m available though.

Dan Smith

Say Hello for Dan and Carol

Will do. are you coming to Paso show too?

Dan Smith

Yes we hope to make all 3 L.A. Paso Robles and Berkeley

Dan

Dana

Some guys need to hire a detective to find out if there’s any hanky-panky going on involving his ever-lovin’. But all I need to do is check into this Forum every so often and I’ll see Mr. Chicken laying it all right out there on the line! :-}

Dana

Anonymous

Well, I keep going back to Mystic Highway, Train of Fools and Hot Rod Heart. Like Dan, I think the guitar work on HRH is unbelivable.

hey CSG – you’ve got good taste in women. those are both cuties!

and yes, the unique and instantly recognizable opening guitar riffs to so many of John’s songs send my heart into instant fluttering twitterpation. whenever i hear the very first note of Up Around the Bend – my brain instantly shouts UP AROUND THE BEND!!!!!!! whoooooooo!!!!

WASFE cd ROCKS and Mystic Highway soothes my soul … <3

Dan Smith

Yep that guitar work on that song is unbelievable. When I can crank way way up in the car and my wife doesn’t complain then I know it’s something great. She looks at me and says they really play great together. Now that is what I’m talkin’ about.
    Dan

Their guitar works is my favorite too.

CHICKIE= Message from Sue “I’m devastated that he hasn’t called me in over a year.”

I’m afraid the bearded one is IN and you are OUT.

R.G.

RG – one of the unintended consequences of quitting drinking last year is that I don’t drunk dial my girlfriend Sue anymore. :( Maybe I can see her at one of John’s California shows in October and make it up to her.

To keep it on topic, this weekend I found myself hitting the repeat button on Brad and John’s HRH and Alan and John’s HYESTR. It’s hard to get to Proud Mary when you have those two songs right before it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.