Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion When in Tupelo…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of DaRiverBoatQueen DaRiverBoatQueen 12 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Swamp Girl
    Keymaster

…you must visit Elvis Presley’s Birthplace!

John with Elvis

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Avatar of Swamp Girl Swamp Girl.
    SwampStalker

Elvis was great,no doubt about it. But for me personally, in the pantheon of rock and roll greats and indeed all musical artists in general, John Fogerty reigns at the top and everybody else comes in after him!

Oh – wow. That is an amazing photo..John paying homage to the King of Rock and Roll; Elvis Presley.
    They say that Elvis’s parents lived in that one bedroom little cottage. Elvis’s mama had twins, and Elvis was the only one to survive the at-home birth.
    They were a tiny family of 3; Elvis was an only child, and they were very poor.

He was blessed with the most perfect combination of God’s best gifts. He was a natural singer, had the most versatile voice and was a natural born entertainer. Elvis was polite and had old-fashioned values and religion. I remember my mom and my aunt were so impressed with the way Elvis could sing gospel songs, and any song he was able to elevate to the highest, stratospheric level.

Elvis was a humble man; first and foremost he wanted to honor GOD, and I remember all the women commenting on how cute and handsome he was.

Just the other day I caught a TV Special with ELVIS – it was the history-making concert filmed in Hawaii that was the first-ever satellite TV special ever transmitted on planet Earth!!! Isn’t it fitting that it was ELVIS that made that ground-breaking musical event?
    You cannot change the channel on TV when Elvis is on; no – you cannot – it’s impossible.
    You have to sit there and be entertained by one of the greatest talents this earth has ever known.

ELVIS was the first of the rock gods to ever walk this beautiful Earth. He was somewhat exploited by his one and only manager, Colonel Tom Parker – but he was not one to complain because his wealth was vast, and is still everlasting to this day.

GRACELAND is on my bucket list, not the little cottage in Tupelo, Mississippi where the King was born.
    All that stuff is legend, and I wonder if we would have ever had John Fogerty or Creedence had it not been for ELVIS? One only can wonder about these things……

It’s all so long ago, isn’t it my friends? IT all happened to along ago and 10 lifetimes ago. And we still care passionately about all of it. Life can be cool and ELVIS is a prime example of life at it’s coolest moments!!!

PEACE / LOVE / CREEDENCE *

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.