Home Forums Swamp Talk General Discussion Willy And The Poor Boys

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of John Ford John Ford 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of John Ford
    John Ford

Are there any plans for John to play the Willy And The Poor Boys album in concert? It’s my all time favorite LP/CD.

What’s on Willy & the Poor Boys?

No. Title Length
    1. “Down on the Corner” 2:46
    2. “It Came Out of the Sky” 2:53
    3. “Cotton Fields” (Huddie Ledbetter) 2:56
    4. “Poorboy Shuffle” 2:25
    5. “Feelin’ Blue” 5:06
    Side two
    No. Title Length
    1. “Fortunate Son” 2:19
    2. “Don’t Look Now (It Ain’t You or Me)” 2:11
    3. “The Midnight Special” (Traditional, arr. J. C. Fogerty) 4:13
    4. “Side o’ the Road” 3:24
    5. “Effigy”

GOOD GOD!!!
    You have such an excellent point, Mr. Ford!!!
    I adore all those songs, but FEELIN’ BLUE —— WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!!
    That song just knocks me out and pulls me UP and is the essence of who Creedence was to the world!!!

Come to think of it, that WOULD be a great album to hear played LIVE!!!

Profile photo of Sary58
    Sary58

You are damn right DRBQ, FEELIN´ BLUE is one of CCR´s best titles. You can´t stand still hearing that one.

Profile photo of Sary58
    Sary58

There are three underrated gems on this album screaming to be played live: Feelin’ Blue, It Came Out of the Sky and Don’t Look Now. I would really like to see Feelin’ Blue played live with John’s new band and impressive new guitar work. That tune would kick some serious butt played live. With John mentioning his new CD moving more towards a jam based collection of tunes, Feelin’ Blue would appear to fit in nicely.

Profile photo of Sary58
    Sary58

It´s a grooving start with Doug on drums. They could extent it without a problem. That number ROCKS!!!!!

My favorite CCR album too, love to see it live, but if could have any LP live, hands down it would be blue moon swamp. If I could only have 1 LP for the rest of my life! that’s the one I’d have to choose, With Willy and the Poor Boys right behind,

Profile photo of John Ford
    John Ford

My wife would agree with you, Bruce. Blue Moon Swamp is her favorite, too. I love BMS but I’ll stick with Willy.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.